- 8 slices of Pullman bread Margarine for spreading
- ¼ cup craisins, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 leftover pieces of chicken turkey or pork chops, boned and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat grill pan to medium high heat. Butter the outside tops and bottoms of your bread slices.
In a small bowl mix together the goat cheese, craisins, walnuts, lemon juice and lemon zest.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread this mixture on the bottom pieces of bread and top with some of the spinach.
Layer next with two heaping tablespoons of the chopped meat, and layer again with fresh spinach.
Top each sandwich, and place on the grill pan.
Cook each side until it is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
Slice and serve.