- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds (about 1 cup)
- 1 Thai bird chili, sliced or ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha or chili paste
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- Chopped peanuts, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
1. Pickle the cucumbers. Whisk together the white vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Once sugar is dissolved, add the cucumber slices and chili or chili flakes. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
2. Season chicken. In a large skillet combine the hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce and chili paste. Bring to a bubble and add the chicken. Lower the heat and cook on a low simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Serve. Warm the tortillas over the stove top or blister in a pan, add a spoonful of the chicken, top with the pickled cucumbers, sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro.