- 2 15.5-ounce cans refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I like Cholula here)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, optional
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped, optional
- 2 scallions, chopped white and green parts, optional
Corn tortilla chips or pita chips, etc., to dip
Make the dip: In a large Dutch oven or slow cooker on low add the refried beans, cheddar, pepper jack, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, chives, hot sauce, and yogurt.
Cook while stirring occasionally until the cheese is melted and everything is combined, about 45-50 minutes.
Garnish and serve: Taste the dip and season with salt if needed.
Add a few grinds of pepper.
Stir in the parsley and top with the olives, tomatoes and scallions. Serve warm with chips or get creative!