- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (yes vegans, this is where you use that vegan “butter”)
- 1 pound uncured turkey bacon
- 6 rings pineapple, chopped 1 cup bourbon whisky (have you tried Angel’s Envy? I like it here)
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
1. Cook the bacon. In a large pan with straight sides on medium high heat add the olive oil, butter and when it is melted add the bacon and allow it to sit until a dark brown crust forms on the bottom. Flip and adjust strips, even if they don’t all fit flat on the pan, fill the pan with the entire pound and as you flip, let each strip find time with the bottom of the pan until all sides are darkened, about 8 minutes total.
2. Finish and serve. Turn off the heat and add the pineapple, bourbon, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Return heat to medium high and stir and toss the bacon in the pan until everything is combined, bubbling and slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Serve warm.