- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 links hot Italian sausage removed from its casing
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 large bag spinach, or 3 bunches de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and coat with oil.
Add the sausage and allow to brown, while constantly breaking up the chunks with a wooden spoon.
Once all the meat has browned and it is in bite size chunks, add the onion, garlic, chili flake, and a pinch of salt and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the onion is tender.
Add in the spinach, using tongs to stir the wilted spinach throughout the mixture. When all the spinach has been cooked, about 4-5 minutes, add the heavy cream, Parmesan, and allspice.
Allow for the cheese to melt, and then take the pan off the heat and stir in the sour cream until fully combined.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.